BM TRADA Q-MARK Certification for Fire Door Installation
Lincs Joinery Services Limited is a certified fire door installer which holds the BM TRADA Q Mark fire door installation certification.
BM TRADA Q Mark certification demonstrates competence in the installation of fire doors.
There is a legal requirement for manufacturers of fire doors to demonstrate the ability of their products to resist the passage and spread of fire. However, if they are not properly installed, their fire resistance capabilities can be seriously compromised. The BM TRADA Q-Mark Fire Door Installation scheme has been designed to provide reassurance to specifiers, contractors and end users that the product they have chosen has been installed correctly and that it should perform as intended.
The Q-Mark Fire Door Installation scheme is based on training an individual who takes responsibility for the training and work carried out by several operatives. The scheme is designed to ensure that fire doorsets are being installed correctly, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or appropriate guidelines.
What the scheme aims to achieve:
- Raise the on-going standard of installation of fire doors
- Ensure the product’s fire resistance capabilities are maintained
- Ensure the product’s service life is maximized through correct installation
- Provide peace of mind that the Installer is suitably qualified and that their work is continually assessed by an independent body
- Provide specifiers with the means to demonstrate that the installation meets the required standard.